Whether it’s winter, spring, summer or fall, we have all heard “I’m bored!”
As a result, I came up with a list of things to do for those days when the kids say “I’m bored”. Here’s my top ten list of things to keep handy for such times:
- Marshmallow fights (bag of large marshmallows)
- Make home made play dough, here’s a link to the recipe
- Have pancake contest, see who can make the most interesting pancake. Let the kids explore ingredients in the kitchen cupboards.
- Call or video chat with older family members and ask them to share stories of their childhood.
- Stand up Comedy – take turns telling jokes
- Have a talent show, let the kids plan and practise on their own and you come up with something too.
- Have the kids make a stash of Birthday cards. You can use these for when birthdays come up.
- Teach the kids to play an old fashion game like snakes and ladders.
- Look at photo albums and tell stories related to the photos.
- Summer fashion show
To sum up, whether your home is a busy lifestyle or a quieter lifestyle, I hope one these ideas help you on a day when you’re feeling stuck on what to do next. Most of all enjoy family time and if the phone camera is your mode of photography, make sure you get in the photos!